- The Property known as LA CROIX (” the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by P.K. MARTIN (“the Owner” ) to the renter (“the Client)
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rental cost). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period (for exclusive bookings of all cottages together the balance will be payable not less than 12 weeks before the start of the rental period). An invoice will be sent before the due date. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing (by email or post) that the reservation in cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, Clause 8 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- In accordance with French law the cottages and the games room on the Property are strictly no smoking areas. The client agrees to abide to this regulation.
- The Client is not permitted to bring dogs into the cottage(s) or the grounds of the Property. The owner holds details of local dog-sitters and kennels, please ask in advance for details of pet accommodation if you are planning to travel with pets. Clients arriving with pets will not be permitted to stay at the Property and will be deemed to have accepted that their booking be cancelled immediately without refund.
- Linen hire (included in the cost of cottage rental) includes sheets, duvets and duvet covers (seasonal) and pillowcases, tea towels, hand and bath towels, but does not include pool/beach towels.
- Any chargeable expenses (to the Owner and/or a 3rd party) arising during the rental period (e.g. meals, babysitting, bicycle hire) should be settled locally with the Owner before departure.
- a) Clients who have booked directly with the Owner and/or via the Owner’s website: In lieu of a refundable security deposit, the client agrees to notify the owner of any damage/breakages to the Property. Further, the client agrees to be invoiced by the Owner for any damage/breakages to the Property caused during and arising from the client’s stay. Compensation for damage/breakages will normally be limited to the cost of replacing or rectifying the damage/breakages and consequences of the damage/breakages.
b) Clients who have booked via an Online Travel Agent/intermediary booking company (OTA): Clients will additionally be bound by the Terms and Conditions specific to the holiday ‘as advertised by the Owner’ through the OTA. This may include (and is not limited to) payment of a fully refundable security deposit for damages/breakages on arrival/check in at the property. The security deposit required will be advertised through the OTA (amount not exceeding 250€ per cottage). Where a security deposit is payable, the Owner agrees to refund the security deposit in full within 24 hours of the Client’s check-out from the Property, subject to no evidence of damage/breakages (caused during and arising from the Client’ stay) to the Property being found. In the event of a claim for damages/breakages the Owner will fully invoice the Client with written and photographic evidence of the damage/breakages and will refund to the Client the remainder of the security deposit. Compensation for damage/breakages will normally be limited to the cost of replacing or rectifying the damage/breakages and consequences of the damage/breakages.
- Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day, unless the Owner has given written permission. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time started and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in each cottage on the Property must not exceed the number stated within the La Croix Spa advertising unless the Owner has given written permission. The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to Clients with additional people in their party. Any and all agreed additional occupation will be charged at a fixed price of 25€ per person/per night. In any circumstances the maximum number of Clients residing in the Property cannot exceed 30.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to invoice the client to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property of breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden, swimming pool, sauna or Jacuzzi and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property, garden, Hot Tub, sauna or swimming pool;
for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner;
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
- This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
PLEASE NOTE that these booking terms and conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice/statement.